Saturday 5 January 2008

Day 1 - here I go!

Well, I promised myself that I would start a blog in the New Year to follow my route to management, so here I am!

I read a few while I was in foundation and development and they really helped me through it, so thought it would be nice to do the same - plus I think checking in here every now and again will help me stay on the straight and narrow!

So... after more than seven months in abstinence, and over 9 and half stones lost I finally ventured to my first RtM class in the rain this afternoon. I left armed with my packs for the week (now down to three a day so saved a little money) and the RtM books (lots of reading!).I went to Tesco and bought a salmon fillet on the way to class, and it was something I was really looking forward to it. Left class, and as I had only had one pack all day I decided to have my bar on the tube home - along with 2 litres of water!! Not quite sure how I managed that, but trust me I felt pretty bloated by the time I got back home.

Put off the cooking for a while and caught up with some TV til I felt a bit better. I have to say - it was worth the wait. I cooked the salmon on the new George Foreman (a Christmas pressie) and patiently waited for it to cook. If you have a George Foreman - don't trust the estimated cooking times, they are way off, and I got pretty frustrated waiting for the fish to be cooked. Eventually it was ready, at which point I was practically salivating. I dished up my husbands, along with his veg and mash - crooked thinking kicked in a little bit here when it struck me that just a little lick of mash couldn't hurt.....could it? I managed to talk myself out of that one thank goodness - first day of RtM is not the time to break the rules!!

I had asked my husband to set the table - I really wanted to enjoy this moment so wanted to do it right. I was delighted when I saw he had lit candles, and dimmed the lights - and was waiting, camera at the ready to record the first bite! Lol - seemed slightly ridiculous to pose with a forkful of salmon in my mouth but its a good pic so its a keeper (when I can figure it out I will add it to this post!)

Well, the salmon was delicious. I was careful to eat slowly, and be mindful about each bite. I wanted to enjoy it slowly, and not rush myself and end up eating too much. It was great, and I only managed to eat just over half of the fillet which is a good sign - I can know when to stop after all. Still had another pack to have, which felt strange after eating - so I gave it an hour or so before I made it.

To be honest, I probably should have gone without it, as I was sat feeling far too bloated to even think about going to bed! Lesson learnt - space the packs out a little better in future.

So - end of day 1, and feeling ok - was a little anxious to start but now its done, I can't wait for the next taste sensation. Am thinking some prawns tomorrow, and maybe some smoked salmon for extra flavour.

Will update on day two a little later and let you know tomorrow what I decide.

Thanks for reading, and goodbye abstinence for good!!

Leesyxox

No comments: