Tuesday 8 January 2008

Day four... mini wobble

So day four was yesterday, and I am finally getting in the swing of eating an evening meal.

I had a yoga class last night which was great, and I am hoping it will help me tone up my problem areas over the next few months. Also found a great way of getting cheap gym membership - if you sign up to Boots healthcare plan (as a smoker my premium is £43 a month for the basic cover) they will give you cheap gym membership for the first three months then if you go at least twice a week on average you get it free for as long as you have the policy. Bearing in mind my gym costs £60 a month I decided that was too good to refuse, so next week I should be a fully fledged gym member. I have already planned out my week's timetable of classes and swimming etc, so am quite excited to get the toning work in action.

Had a gorgeous dinner of tuna steak grilled with ginger and garlic on a bed of rocket and spinach - yummy! Was extra careful about portion size, and felt comfortably full after eating most of it so gave the rest to hubby which I was pleased about. It still amazes me how satisfied I am with so little, and I am more than happy to continue this way in the future. When I heard stories that people could only manage a started portion I never really believed it, now I do, and I think it is definitely the way forward for me.

Watched ten years younger and had a little wobble about the state of my body - I don't think my skin is that bad, but I know that if I wanted it to be perfect I would need to think about some surgery. Watching that poor woman be sliced and diced and re-stitched brought it home that surgery is actually quite a big deal. I think society has become far to glib about cosmetic surgery, and it suddenly struck home how serious an ordeal it could be. Anyways, I never intended to be a bikini model, and I would need to wait until I had the family thing out of the way before I even contemplated surgery, so I am going to stop worrying about it and trust that my skin will improve over the next few months. Considering what I have put it through - I was just under 23 stones at my biggest so have lost nearly 12 stones in all - I can't expect it to be perfect, and it has done me proud if I am honest with myself.

Ok, very busy day at work so must get on, just wanted to have a quick update as I didn't manage it last night.

Hope everyone else is going strong!

Leesy
xox

No comments: