Saturday 5 January 2008

Day two done and dusted - milk in my tea tomorrow!

Well, day two is drawing to a close, and I am feeling pretty good.

Tried to space the packs out a little better today to prevent the late night bloat of last night, it does feel a bit better, but I still feel the need to save a pack for the end of the day and after eating I am struggling with it. I guess it will get better as my stomach adjusts to the additional food.

Went shopping today to pick up my meals for the week - it felt really strange shopping for me again, I got so wrapped up in it that I nearly forgot to get stuff for hubby and step daughter lol. Lots of naughty things were singing to me in the supermarket, but I stayed strong and resisted anything off plan.

Dinner tonight was divine - I had some smoked salmon with prawns and cottage cheese. Seemed like a complete feast to be honest, when in fact it was certainly less than I would have expected for a starter portion in the old days. I took my time with it again, but if I am completely honest I ate more than I needed to - it just tasted so good!Its amazing how different everything tastes now, almost an enhanced flavour to everything. My hubby had some salad with his, and I was drooling over it - I never thought I would drool over lettuce, but I guess this diet does change you. Not long to wait though - tomorrow I can add a leaf salad to my protein so am planning to have smoked mackerel with some spinach and rocket. Looking forward to the new taste sensations, especially as I can dress the salad with some balsamic vinegar, which I love.

I bought some less than 1% fat 1000 island dressing too - it says on my list fat free or virtually fat free dressings are allowed - anyone know if this counts? Seems a little too good to be on list this early. Ok, off to bed now.

Look forward to updating again tomorrow.

Leesyxox
__________________

1 comment:

Conn76 said...

Hello there!
Thank you for the message - I think I forget that other people may be reading my ramblings.

You must be loving having food back in your life - especially after such a long time on abstinence. I am inspired by your enthusiasm and positivity and I will use that to get over my Christmas disaster and get back with it.

Good Luck - keep posting!

Liz
xxx